Sunday, July 3, 2011

Python improvements, PySide

In the next release, I'm going to include PySide in Ramen's package.
PySide is a new set of Qt bindings for Python, and unlike PyQt, 
the license (LGPL) allows me to bundle it and distribute code 
the uses PySide.


I'm also adding the bits of code needed to connect PySide with C++ Qt 
widgets, Ramen's  objects and write parts of the app in Python.
The first result of this is the new SeExpression editor.




I expect to release this at the end of next week.

5 comments:

  1. coooooooooooool.... still what can be done with these expressions?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the current release, you can generate images (GenerateX node), do custom color corrections( ColorX node), custom layer modes (LayerX) and image distortions (DistortX node). The editor will be in the next release. Take a look at the samples folder, in the distribution.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to see someone has picked this program up. I never had a chance to use the original but just from looking at screenshots and reading your blog it sounds like some impressive improvements have been made.

    Sadly I'm on a laptop with no support for floating point textures so the program will not run for me. I'll have a more serious system available in a couple of days and then I do intend to give it a look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you.

    A good video card is required for current features like color management and
    things I plan to add to the program later,
    like GPU processing, using CUDA.

    This new version is much better than the original,
    but there's still a lot of work to do.

    Let me know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really looking forward to a Windows build!

    ReplyDelete